2019-20 Nicaragua Primera Division – Deportivo Ocotal vs Municipal Jalapa Preview & Prediction
When is Deportivo Ocotal vs Municipal Jalapa taking place? Wednesday 1st April, 2020 – 23:00 (UK)
Where is Deportivo Ocotal vs Municipal Jalapa taking place? Estadio Roy Fernando Bermúdez, Ocotal
What television channel is Deportivo Ocotal vs Municipal Jalapa on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Deportivo Ocotal vs Municipal Jalapa? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Deportivo Ocotal vs Municipal Jalapa? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Deportivo Ocotal slipped to their third defeat in a row at the weekend as they fell 2-0 to Real Madriz which keeps them second from bottom but they return home where they have won three and drawn two of their last six matches in all competitions.
- They were unfortunate to lose their last match at home against Real Esteli as they hit the post and came close to an equaliser with a couple of other chances, but they were undone by a goalkeeping mistake by Colombian Kenlervon Lopez.
- Lopez was dropped in the weekend defeat by Madriz with 21-year-old Ricky Inestroza coming into the side and the goalkeeping position continues to be problematic for the team, while further changes could be made for this midweek clash with Jalapa.
- Municipal Jalapa come into this match having beaten Juventus Managua 2-0 at the weekend thanks to goals by Luis Manuel Galeano and Gabriel to cement their position in the top six and a play-off place.
- Galeano was forced to come off near the end of the first half in that game following his goal that broke the deadlock and he is a major doubt for this game so he may have to wait for an opportunity to score his 100th goal in the Nicaraguan top flight.
- Yomar Martinez came off the bench for Galeano and was a constant threat so he is first in line to come into the starting eleven here for the captain as they aim to keep their recent good run of form going.
Municipal Jalapa sit in fifth place on 18 points in the Clausura which is double the tally gained by Deportivo Ocotal so far. That said, they make the trip to face the team that sit second from bottom having only won one of their last 17 matches on their travels. On the contrary, Ocotal have reasonable form at home with just one defeat in their last six and they will be motivated to get another positive result so expect them to pick up at least a point, if not all three.