2019-20 Mexican Liga MX – Veracruz vs Cruz Azul Preview & Prediction
When does Veracruz vs Cruz Azul kick off? Saturday 14th September, 2019 – 03:00 (UK)
Where is Veracruz vs Cruz Azul being played? Estadio Luis Pirata de La Fuente
What are the expected weather conditions for Veracruz vs Cruz Azul? Thunderstorms, 25c
What TV channel is Veracruz vs Cruz Azul on? Univision Deportes (USA), Azteca 7, SKY HD (Mexico)
Where can I stream Veracruz vs Cruz Azul? Bet365 (where applicable)
Where can I get tickets for Veracruz vs Cruz Azul? https://www.stubhub.com.mx/boletos-tiburones-rojos-de-veracruz-vs-cruz-azul-fc-liga-mx/ev1082985
THE TEAM NEWS
- It’s safe to say Veracruz are among the worst teams in the Liga MX this season, a trend that has been going on since last season. Los Tiburones Rojos currently sit in last place of the Apertura standings with only one point after seven matches, having scored just one goal and conceding 22.
- They are also on a six-game losing run, a span where they have suffered losses by five-goal and seven-goal margins, and they have gone D1, L3 at home in the Apertura.
- Striker Colin Kazim-Richards has missed the past few matches for Veracruz and he should be treated as questionable ahead of this match.
- Cruz Azul are on a three-game winless streak ahead of this match, although they were on a two-game winning streak prior to that. La Maquina Cementera are in 11th place of the standings with 10 points thanks to a W2, D4, L2 record.
- Playing on the road hasn’t been kind for Cruz Azul this season. They own a W1, D1, L2 mark away from Estadio Azul during the current Apertura campaign.
- Rafael Baca and Stephen Eustaquio are out for Cruz Azul ahead of this match while Jose de Jesus Corona and Pablo Aguilar are questionable, but both are expected to feature here.
Cruz Azul have been performing below their expectations this season, but Veracruz are clearly not good enough to compete in the Liga MX at the moment. Expect Cruz Azul to secure the win here, as they could come away with the three points by a multiple-goal margin given Veracruz’s porous defence.