2019-20 Indian Super League – Kerala Blasters vs NorthEast United Preview & Prediction
When does Kerala Blasters vs NorthEast United kick off? Saturday 28th December, 2019 – 14:00 (UK)
Where is Kerala Blasters vs NorthEast United being played? Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, Kochi
What TV channel is Kerala Blasters vs NorthEast United on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK but will be shown live on Star Sports in India
Where can I stream Kerala Blasters vs NorthEast United in the UK? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK but those in India can stream it via Hotstar
Where can I get tickets for Kerala Blasters vs NorthEast United? Tickets may be available on this link
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kerala Blasters’ woes continued as they were comfortably beaten by Chennaiyin in their last game and that result made it eight matches in a row without a win with the Blasters giving little indication that they are able to end their poor run of form.
- Chennaiyin opened the scoring in the fourth minute and despite a response 10 minutes later from Kerala’s Batholomew Ogbeche, two further goals for Chennaiyin before half-time was enough to condemn the Blasters to defeat.
- The Blasters were already struggling with injuries before the game with Chennaiyin and their troubles worsened when captain Ogbeche had to be replaced at the break but his knock was not a serious one and he has a good chance of featuring in this game.
- NorthEast United lost a second game in succession and also failed to find the back of the net once again as they were defeated by Bengaluru which made it four matches without a win in the Indian Super League.
- NorthEast had a couple of decent spells throughout the match with Bengaluru but failed to capitalise on their chances and were the architects of their own downfall when going behind to a penalty in the 68th minute.
- They attempted to hit back but were unable to do so and the loss was confirmed with 10 minutes remaining when Bengaluru doubled their lead and NorthEast’s issues in front of goal could be set to continue due to Asamoah Gyan remaining an injury doubt.
These teams have amassed just three victories between them in the Indian Super League so far this season and goals are likely to be at a premium in this contest. Both teams are low on confidence and it has told in front of goal of late but NorthEast’s issues could be attributed to the loss of talismanic striker Asamoah Gyan who continues to work his way back to fitness. He looks set to be sidelined once again for this fixture and with neither side possessing much in front of goal, this game looks likely to end in a draw.