2019-20 German DFB-Pokal – Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund Preview & Prediction
When does Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund kick off? Tuesday 4th February, 2020 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund being played? wohninvest WESERSTADION
What TV channel is Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund in the UK? Bet365 have the rights to some DFB-Pokal games so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Werder Bremen vs Borussia Dortmund?
Werder Bremen - https://www.werder.de/tickets/heimspiele/
Borussia Dortmund - https://www.eventimsports.de/ols/bvb/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Werder Bremen squandered a half-time lead and the chance to move out of the bottom three on Saturday as they went down 2-1 at Augsburg.
- Bundesliga survival is clearly the priority for coach Kohfeldt but a win here would go some way to easing the pressure on him, so he will not rotate too much.
- In any case, Kohfeldt’s options are limited by injuries with Augustinsson, Bargfrede, Fullkrug, Gebre Selassie, Lang and Mohwald all sidelined, but Veljkovic and back-up goalkeeper Kapino are fit again after missing Saturday’s game.
Predicted line-up (3-4-2-1): Pavlenka; Toprak, Vogt, Moisander; Bittencourt, M. Eggestein, Klaassen, Friedl; Woltemade, Rashica; Selke
Unavailable: Augustinsson (Injured), Bargfrede (Injured), Fullkrug (Injured), Gebre Selassie (Injured), Lang (Injured), Mohwald (Injured)
- Borussia Dortmund cruised to another comfortable victory at the weekend, thrashing Union Berlin 5-0 at home, and they have only lost one of their last 20 DFB-Pokal ties excluding penalty shootouts.
- Scoring sensation Haaland was awarded his first start on Saturday but is likely to be rested for this one, meaning Hazard will be recalled in attack.
- Centre-back Zagadou made his comeback from injury as a substitute against Union and is expected to start here, while deadline-day arrival Can could be included in the squad.
Predicted line-up (3-4-3): Burki; Akanji, Hummels, Zagadou; Hakimi, Brandt, Witsel, Schulz; Sancho, Reus, Hazard
Unavailable: Delaney (Injured)
Borussia Dortmund were knocked out of the cup by Werder Bremen on penalties at this stage last year but they go into this clash in flying form. They have taken maximum points from their opening three games of the year, scoring five goals in each, and should prove too strong for struggling Werder.