2019-20 German DFB-Pokal – Saarbrucken vs Bayer Leverkusen Preview & Prediction
When does Saarbrucken vs Bayer Leverkusen kick off? Tuesday 9th June, 2020 – 19:45 (UK)
Where is Saarbrucken vs Bayer Leverkusen being played? Hermann-Neuberger-Stadion
What TV channel is Saarbrucken vs Bayer Leverkusen on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Saarbrucken vs Bayer Leverkusen in the UK? Bet365 have the rights to some DFB-Pokal games so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Saarbrucken vs Bayer Leverkusen? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- History makers Saarbrucken will hope their dream DFB-Pokal run can continue but face some huge obstacles if they are to reach the final.
- They face a daunting task against Bayer Leverkusen but have already beaten two Bundesliga teams to become the first side outside of the top three divisions to compete in the semi-finals.
- Fitness is likely to be a big issue as their league season was halted with them topping the table and this will be their first game in 94 days with Kianz Froese likely to be a key man for the fourth-tier outfit.
- Bayer Leverkusen will hope to put a disappointing display against Bayern Munich behind them as they attempt to qualify for the final of the DFB-Pokal for the fourth time.
- Leverkusen took an early lead against the Bundesliga leaders but were architects of their own downfall as they made some sloppy mistakes which resulted in them conceding four goals.
- Kai Havertz did not feature in that game due to a knee injury and the 20-year-old sensation will be missing once again with this game coming too soon to return to action.
Minnows Saarburcken have already had some good news of late and will hope to spring an almighty shock to complement their promotion to 3. Liga. They face Bayer Leverkusen in a hugely difficult task for them but they will hold no fear. The biggest issue they will have to overcome is their lack of action with this their first game in 94 days and the lack of fitness is likely to be telling with Leverkusen able to lead at both half-time and full-time.