2019-20 German DFB-Pokal – Kaiserslautern vs Fortuna Dusseldorf Preview & Prediction
When does Kaiserslautern vs Fortuna Dusseldorf kick off? Tuesday 4th February, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Kaiserslautern vs Fortuna Dusseldorf being played? Fritz-Walter-Stadion
What TV channel is Kaiserslautern vs Fortuna Dusseldorf on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Kaiserslautern vs Fortuna Dusseldorf in the UK? Bet365 have the rights to some DFB-Pokal games so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Kaiserslautern vs Fortuna Dusseldorf?
Kaiserslautern - https://shops.ticketmasterpartners.com/fck/
Fortuna Dusseldorf - https://shop.f95.de/f95/tickets.htm
THE TEAM NEWS
- Kaiserslautern are languishing in mid-table in the third division but they have already knocked out two higher-league opponents in the cup to get this far.
- Thiele, who scored both goals against Nurnberg in the last round, is likely to be recalled up front after coming on and scoring in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat at Ingolstadt.
- Coach Schommers is without Spalvis and Esmel due to injury while loanee Nandzik will be hoping to make his debut against his former club.
Predicted line-up (4-3-3): Grill; Schad, Kraus, Hainault, Hercher; Bachmann, Sickinger, Zuck; Thiele, Pick, Kuhlwetter
Unavailable: Spalvis (Injured), Esmel (Injured)
- Fortuna Dusseldorf drew 1-1 at home to Eintracht Frankfurt in their first game under new coach Rosler, although they were unlucky not to take all three points having conceded with the last kick of the game.
- New signing Berisha is unlikely to feature after coming off with an injury on Saturday, and first-choice goalkeeper Steffen is still struggling with a persistent knee problem.
- Winger Skrzybski is also a doubt after missing the Frankfurt match but deadline-day signing Jorgensen could be involved after joining on loan from Fenerbahce.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Kastenmeier; Hoffmann, Adams, Suttner; Zimmermann, Fink, Stoger, Morales, Thommy; Kownacki, Hennings
Unavailable: Bodzek (Injured), Karaman (Injured)
Doubtful: Steffen (Injured), Berisha (Injured), Skrzybski (Injured)
Dusseldorf’s priority is securing their top-flight status but they will nevertheless be keen to get a first win under their new boss. They should have enough to see off Kaiserslautern but they have only registered one clean sheet in their eight DFB-Pokal ties, so the third-tier side should be fancied to at least get a goal.