2019-20 German DFB-Pokal – Bayer Leverkusen vs Stuttgart Preview & Prediction
When does Bayer Leverkusen vs Stuttgart kick off? Wednesday 5th February, 2020 – 17:30 (UK)
Where is Bayer Leverkusen vs Stuttgart being played? BayArena
What TV channel is Bayer Leverkusen vs Stuttgart on in the UK? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Bayer Leverkusen vs Stuttgart in the UK? Bet365 have the rights to some DFB-Pokal games so it is worth checking their website
Where can I get tickets for Bayer Leverkusen vs Stuttgart?
Bayer Leverkusen - https://ticketshop.bayer04.de/SpielAuswahl
Stuttgart - https://shop.vfb.de/en/tickets/
THE TEAM NEWS
- Bayer Leverkusen suffered their first defeat of the year at Hoffenheim on Saturday but they have only lost two of their last 12 DFB-Pokal matches.
- January signing Palacios is finally available to make his debut and deadline-day arrival Tapsoba could also be included in the squad.
- Midfielder Aranguiz is the only absentee for coach Bosz, who could recall Wendell, Bailey and Alario to the starting line-up.
Predicted line-up (4-2-3-1): Hradecky; L. Bender, Dragovic, Tah, Wendell; Palacios, Demirbay; Bellarabi, Havertz, Bailey; Alario
Unavailable: Aranguiz (Injured)
- Stuttgart are looking to make the last eight of the competition for the first time since 2016 and they have taken four points from their first two games under new coach Matarazzo.
- Matarazzo switched to a back three against St. Pauli on Saturday but lost another one of his centre-backs to injury as captain Kempf suffered a broken jaw, which will keep him out for some time.
- Matarazzo has more options in attack, with Wamangituka, Gonzalez, Didavi and Al Ghaddioui all starting on the bench at the weekend and likely to feature here.
Predicted line-up (3-5-2): Bredlow; Phillips, Karazor, Stendel; Massimo, Mangala, Didavi, Endo, Sosa; Gonzalez, Wamangituka
Unavailable: Kempf (Injured), Badstuber (Injured), Kalajdzic (Injured), Kaminski (Injured)
Stuttgart have not kept a clean sheet on the road since September and they travel to the BayArena without their three senior central defenders. Bayer Leverkusen have a plethora of attacking talent to call on so the second-tier visitors could be in for a difficult night.