When is Saint-Etienne vs Rennes taking place? Thursday 5th March, 2020 – 19:55 (UK)
Where is Saint-Etienne vs Rennes taking place? Stade Geoffroy-Guichard
What television channel is Saint-Etienne vs Rennes on? This match will not be televised live in the UK
Where can I stream Saint-Etienne vs Rennes? This match cannot be streamed live in the UK
Where can I get tickets for Saint-Etienne vs Rennes? Ticket information can be found on each club’s official website
THE TEAM NEWS
- Saint-Etienne’s 2-1 victory at fourth-tier outfit Epinal in the last round of the Coupe de France is their only win in their last seven matches and they were beaten 2-0 at Lyon in the league at the weekend.
- Coach Claude Puel has injury concerns in attack with Kevin Monnet-Paquet still sidelined and Wahbi Khazri, Arnaud Nordin and Romain Hamouma all doubtful, leaving him short of options out wide, while captain Loic Perrin is also a doubt having missed the last two matches.
- Goalkeeper Stephane Ruffier has been left out of the squad for the last two games following a fallout with Puel, so veteran Jessy Moulin is set to continue between the sticks, while 16-year-old Lucas Gourna-Douath was among the substitutes against Lyon on Sunday.
- Rennes are back up to the lofty heights of third in Ligue 1 following back-to-back wins and the Coupe de France holders are also unbeaten in 10 games in this competition, beating fourth-tier side Belfort in the last round.
- Coach Julien Stephan has a lengthy injury list to contend with as Jakob Johansson, Jonas Martin, Gerzino Nyamsi, Clement Grenier, Metehan Guclu and Lucas Da Cunha are all ruled out, leaving Stephan with limited room for rotation.
- Jeremy Morel and Yann Gboho are also concerns having missed the last couple of games, but midfielder James Lea Siliki is at least available again after being suspended for Saturday’s visit to Toulouse.
Coupe de France holders Rennes will be confident of reaching the final for the second year in a row as they visit struggling Saint-Etienne. The Red and Blacks have come out on top in the last two league meetings between the two sides and are in the better form going into this cup clash. They also boast the joint second best defence in Ligue 1 and have registered three clean sheets in four games in this competition this season, so it would not be a surprise if they also managed to keep a clean sheet here.