2019-20 Argentine Cup – Independiente vs Lanus Preview & Prediction
When does Independiente vs Lanus kick off? Friday 25th October, 2019 – 21:10 (UK)
Where is Independiente vs Lanus being played? Estadio Marcelo Bielsa (Rosario)
What are the expected weather conditions for Independiente vs Lanus? Sunny, 25c
What TV channel is Independiente vs Lanus on? TyC Sports (Argentina, South America), Fanatiz (USA)
Where can I stream Independiente vs Lanus? Fanatiz International
Where can I get tickets for Independiente vs Lanus? https://www.copaargentina.org/es/news/8895_Venta-de-entradas-para-Independiente-Lanus.html
THE TEAM NEWS
- El Rojo do not enter this game on their best run of form, as they have lost each of their last two league matches and have not scored in each of those defeats. They are W3, L2 in their last five games, but manager Sebastian Beccacece is under heavy pressure to perform here. The Copa Argentina is Independiente’s lone realistic way to clinch a 2020 Copa Libertadores berth.
- Lucas Romero is dealing with an injury but he hasn’t been ruled out yet, while Andres Roa is expected to find a spot in the starting XI since he’s not eligible to play in the upcoming league match due to a suspension.
- Expected Starting XI: Martín Campaña; Fabricio Bustos, Alan Franco, Nicolás Figal, Gastón Silva; Pablo Pérez, Andrés Roa, Nicolás Domingo; Domingo Blanco, Silvio Romero, Gastón Togni
- El Granate enter this game on a great run of form following a big 4-2 away win over Talleres Cordoba in their previous league match. Lanus are undefeated in their last nine matches across all competitions (W6, D3). Six of those games have produced over 2.5 goals, and eight have seen both teams scoring.
- Lanus will have a huge absence ahead of this game since manager Luis Zubeldia confirmed playmaker Lautaro Acosta has been ruled out of this contest through injury.
- Expected Starting XI: Agustín Rossi; Leonel Di Plácido, Ezequiel Muñoz, Lautaro Valenti, Nicolás Pasquini; Lucas Vera, Facundo Quignon, Marcelino Moreno; Carlos Auzqui, José Sand, Alexandro Bernabei
Independiente have their backs against the wall here, since a win would be the only way Sebastian Beccacece can remain at the helm for the Avellaneda giants. However, Lanus are on a nine-game undefeated streak and they enter this game with their best XI, with the exception of captain Lautaro Acosta. As things stand right now, Lanus should be considered as favourites ahead of this contest.