AT A GLANCE
When is England vs Pakistan taking place? Saturday, 11th May, 11:00
Where England vs Pakistan taking place? Southampton
What is the expected weather for England vs Pakistan? 16-17c with cloudy intervals but no rain forecast
What channel is England vs Pakistan on? The match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England vs Pakistan? England vs Pakistan will be streamed live on Sky Go
Are tickets still available for England vs Pakistan? https://www.eticketing.co.uk/ageasbowl/EDP/Event/Index/809
No result – Match Abandoned
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- England were frustrated on Wednesday by the rain as they made a good start against Pakistan after winning the toss and putting the tourists into bat as they managed to restrict them to 80/2 from 19 overs before the heavens opened and play was halted.
- The likelihood is that they will name the same starting eleven for this match which means Jofra Archer will get another chance to impress after a stunning spell in the abandoned match taking 1/6 from four overs.
- With the weather unlikely to affect play, that is unlikely to have an influence on what Morgan decides to do if they win the toss although they have a preference towards chasing and they will on this good Ageas Bowl track.
Captain: Sarfaraz Ahmed
- Pakistan will not have been too disappointed by the abandonment at The Oval on Wednesday but they will aim to make a better start after losing Fakhar Zaman and Babar Azam relatively cheaply before the rain came.
- They named what is arguably one of their strongest line-ups for that match and similar to England after the first match was washed out, they will likely stick with the same players to give them another chance here.
- There remains plenty of intrigue around the performance of pace bowler Mohammad Amir and he will be highly motivated to impress here and enhance his World Cup selection chances as Pakistan may also be tempted to put England in too if they win the toss.
England remain heavily favoured for this second one-day international despite the first match being rained off. They showed enough in those 19 overs in the field to suggest they can restrict Pakistan nicely with Jofra Archer now settling down and looking like a major talent. The tourists’ batting looks a little fragile and while they bat deep, England still look to have the greater quality in all areas coming into this second ODI match.