When is England vs Australia taking place? Saturday, 25th May, 10:30
Where England vs Australia taking place? Southampton
What is the expected weather for England vs Australia? 19-20c with sunshine and cloudy intervals with rain highly unlikely
What channel is England vs Australia on? England vs Australia will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket
Where can I stream England vs Australia? England vs Australia will be streamed live on Sky Go
Are tickets still available for England vs Australia? https://tickets.cricketworldcup.com/ticketingInfo.html
England beat Australia by 1 wicket
THE TEAM NEWS
Captain: Eoin Morgan
- England enjoyed a superb series against Pakistan ahead of these warm-up matches are they overpowered the tourists in all four completed matches to win the series so confidence is flying right now ahead of this match and the World Cup.
- Skipper Eoin Morgan suffered a finger injury in training on Friday to cause alarm bells in the camp and they may decide not to risk him for this game while the team management have already agreed that Adil Rashid’s troublesome shoulder will be rested so Liam Dawson is expected to be given a start.
- With their other warm-up match against Afghanistan on Monday, they may decide to field something closer to their strongest side for this match and rotate more for that game while Mark Wood is likely to return after being rested for the last ODI against Pakistan.
Captain: Aaron Finch
- Australia have won their last eight ODI matches in a row with three wins coming in India and their last five against Pakistan in the UAE so they have plenty of confidence ahead of this match and hopes are high for the World Cup.
- Steve Smith and David Warner have been phased back into the side relatively seamlessly with Warner expected to bat at number three so the in-form opening partnership of Finch and Khawaja is retained, while Smith will sit in the middle order though Finch retains the captaincy.
- The Aussies have had a couple of unofficial warm-up matches prior to this and they have impressed against New Zealand and the West Indies, and they will see this match as the perfect opportunity to set a marker down ahead of the World Cup against the hosts.
This will be a fascinating warm-up match ahead of the World Cup for both of these teams and a good measure of how ready they are as two of the favourites for the tournament. England have been in stunning form against Pakistan so they will fear nobody coming into the World Cup but the Aussies should not be underestimated by any team. They are in excellent form themselves right now and the ODI series win in India has given them a massive boost in confidence. They may take a little time to adjust to conditions in England so the hosts have to be favoured, but this will be a tight match between two quality teams.