2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Rob Cross vs Nathan Aspinall Preview & Prediction
When is Rob Cross vs Nathan Aspinall taking place? Thursday 13th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Rob Cross vs Nathan Aspinall taking place? Motorpoint Arena
What channel is Rob Cross vs Nathan Aspinall on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Rob Cross vs Nathan Aspinall? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Rob Cross vs Nathan Aspinall? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Nathan Aspinall beat Rob Cross 8-5
- Rob Cross started his 2020 Premier League campaign with a 6-6 draw against Gerwyn Price in a topsy-turvy game where Cross came back from 4-2 down to lead 6-4 only for Price to level the match by winning the final two legs in a total of 25 darts.
- Cross was one of only two players to average over 100 on the opening night, and his overall performance was much improved on what he produced at the World Championship and Masters where he suffered early exits.
- Voltage reached the last 16 in the first Players Championship tournament of the season last Saturday where he lost to the eventual winner Gary Anderson. Though in Players Championship 2 on Sunday he exited in round one against Darius Labanauskas.
- Nathan Aspinall enjoyed a winning debut in the Premier League last Thursday in Aberdeen when he defeated hometown ‘challenger’ John Henderson 7-3. With the match level at 2-2, Aspinall won five out of the next six legs to claim the victory.
- Aspinall’s match average against Henderson of 89.19 was the second lowest on night one – only Henderson averaged lower. That poor average was mainly down to the start of the match – he was averaging 79 after five legs – in legs six to ten there was a big improvement.
- The Asp arrives in Nottingham on a high after some tremendous performances saw him win Players Championship 2 on Sunday – culminating with an 8-3 victory against Gerwyn Price in the final. On his way to glory he hit a nine-dart finish and a 117.5 average in his 6-4 quarter-final win over Peter Wright.
Nathan Aspinall will be looking to continue his scintillating form from his Players Championship 2 success on Sunday where he hit a nine-dart finish and averaged over 117 against Peter Wright along the way. The performance from Cross last Thursday on night one was encouraging for him but there are still question marks on the consistency level of his game at the moment and he faces a huge task here against a man who will be full of belief. Aspinall has defeated Cross in each of their last two meetings – one of which was the 2019 UK Open final. The Asp is capable of making it a hat-trick of wins against Voltage with a 7-5 victory.