2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Rob Cross vs Gary Anderson Preview & Prediction
When is Rob Cross vs Gary Anderson taking place? Thursday 27th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Rob Cross vs Gary Anderson taking place? 3Arena
What channel is Rob Cross vs Gary Anderson on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Rob Cross vs Gary Anderson? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Rob Cross vs Gary Anderson? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Gary Anderson beat Rob Cross 6-2
- Rob Cross suffered his first defeat of the 2020 Premier League campaign when he was beaten 7-5 by Peter Wright last Thursday night in Cardiff. He was outplayed by Wright for much of the contest but looked like he was going to salvage an unlikely point when he had the throw in the final leg of the match.
- The average of Cross for most of the game against Wright was in the mid to low 80s and although he did manage to raise it to 90.13 by the end of the match, it was still well down on his tournament average going into the encounter.
- On Saturday at Players Championship 5 he reached his first quarter-final since last October but he followed it up on Sunday with an opening round defeat where he averaged 84. It was a weekend which perhaps sums up the inconsistencies in his game right now.
- Gary Anderson was beaten 7-4 by Glen Durrant last week and he is now one of five players who are level on three points in the league table.
- Anderson trailed 5-1 against Durrant as he paid the price for a slow start, and although he did improve in the second half of the match, he was left with too much to do.
- The Flying Scotsman exited the two Players Championship tournaments last weekend at the last 32 stage with a 6-2 defeat against Ryan Joyce on Saturday followed by a 6-4 defeat against Michael van Gerwen on Sunday.
It would be fair to say that neither of these players will be content with how they have performed in the Premier League so far this season, especially given their high expectations and capabilities, and they will definitely have to show some improvement as the campaign progresses. Anderson might have the edge coming into this contest due to his excellent past record against Cross with eight wins from their previous nine meetings, and although this does not guarantee him a win, it might give him some advantage in terms of belief and a 7-5 win for Anderson is the prediction.