2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Rob Cross vs Daryl Gurney Preview & Prediction
When is Rob Cross vs Daryl Gurney taking place? Thursday 5th March, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Rob Cross vs Daryl Gurney taking place? Westpoint Exeter
What channel is Rob Cross vs Daryl Gurney on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Rob Cross vs Daryl Gurney? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Rob Cross vs Daryl Gurney? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Rob Cross beat Daryl Gurney 11-9
- The struggles that Rob Cross is having in trying to find his best form were again evident last week in Dublin when he lost 7-5 to Gary Anderson with an average of 91.36.
- The 2019 Premier League runner-up has picked up only one win from his opening four matches of the campaign and looks a shadow of the player who came very close to finishing at the top of the table last year.
- His exit in the last 16 at the Belgian Darts Championship last weekend against Krzysztof Ratajski means he has reached only one quarter-final in his last 12 tournament appearances.
- Daryl Gurney sits at the bottom of the Premier League table with only one point gained from his opening four matches and, as Rob Cross is two points ahead of him, this is a crucial game for the Northern Irishman.
- Last week in Dublin against Michael Smith with the score tied a 5-5 he missed six darts to ensure at least a point before Smith swooped in to capitalise and his opponent then won the final leg of the match in 20 darts.
- Gurney comes into this match with the lowest tournament average and lowest checkout percentage of all nine Premier League competitors after four rounds of the 2020 campaign.
This is a crucial fixture between two players who are struggling for form both in and away from the Premier League. The importance of not losing the game is massive for Gurney as he could be four points adrift at the bottom of the table by the end of the evening. With neither player seeming to be capable of taking control of this match, it could well be a game that goes the distance and ends in a draw.