2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Peter Wright vs Rob Cross Preview & Prediction
When is Peter Wright vs Rob Cross taking place? Thursday 20th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Peter Wright vs Rob Cross taking place? Motorpoint Arena
What channel is Peter Wright vs Rob Cross on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Peter Wright vs Rob Cross? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Peter Wright vs Rob Cross? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Peter Wright beat Rob Cross 10-3
- Peter Wright is looking to end a run of 13 Premier League matches without a win. In the 2020 campaign he has picked up one point from two tough opening fixtures against Michael van Gerwen and Gary Anderson.
- Wright impressively took out a 101 finish on the end of a 12-darter to salvage a point against Anderson last week – it was a rare highlight for Wright in a match where he recorded a lowly match average of 88.72.
- Snakebite was in excellent form last weekend at the two Players Championship tournaments where he posted a number of ton-plus averages in reaching back-to-back semi-finals. Wright’s tour average of 100.79 after four events is the highest on the Players Championship circuit.
- Rob Cross twice came from behind to defeat Nathan Aspinall 7-5 in a close contest last Thursday night in Nottingham, he has a win and a draw from his opening two matches of the 2020 Premier League season.
- Cross won four of the final five legs of the match against Aspinall after he had trailed 4-3 in a run which included finishes of 116 and 112. The match-winning 112 checkout was part of a 12-dart leg against the throw.
- Voltage suffered two disappointing early exits in the Players Championship tournaments last weekend, with a round one defeat to Scott Baker on Saturday followed by a defeat in round two defeat against Karel Sedlacek on Sunday.
Peter Wright won’t be panicking after earning just one point from his opening two matches against Van Gerwen and Anderson, but there is certainly some importance on him picking up a win as soon as possible having not won in his last 13 Premier League fixtures. Rob Cross stands in the way of Wright ending his winless streak and, while Voltage has had some very patchy form away from this competition, the way he has performed in the first two weeks have made light of suggestions of his demise. It should be a very good and competitive match; Wright might just have the edge when it comes to the key moments though and he is predicted to win 7-5. Snakebite has also been in excellent 180 hitting form in the opening two weeks and if he continues in the same vein, he is capable of outscoring Cross in that department.