2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Nathan Aspinall vs Peter Wright Preview & Prediction
When is Nathan Aspinall vs Peter Wright taking place? Thursday 5th March, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Nathan Aspinall vs Peter Wright taking place? Westpoint Exeter
What channel is Nathan Aspinall vs Peter Wright on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Nathan Aspinall vs Peter Wright? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Nathan Aspinall vs Peter Wright? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Nathan Aspinall beat Peter Wright 6-4
- Nathan Aspinall followed up his impressive victory against Van Gerwen on night three by coming from behind to defeat Glen Durrant 7-5 in Dublin last Thursday night.
- Aspinall took full advantage of Durrant spurning seven darts to take a 4-1 lead and thereafter some excellent combination finishes paved the way to victory for the reigning UK Open champion.
- The Asp performed well at the Belgian Darts Championship last weekend but was denied a place in the semi-finals in a last-leg decider by Dirk van Duijvenbode in a match where both players averaged over 102.
- Peter Wright was emphatically defeated 7-1 by Gerwyn Price in Dublin last week and has only picked up three points from his opening four Premier League matches of the campaign.
- His poor performance against the Welshman saw him record an average in the 80s for the second time in the 2020 Premier League season.
- Wright put the disappointment of last Thursday behind him with some good displays on his way to reaching the semi-finals at the Belgian Darts Championship on Sunday where he lost out 7-5 to Michael Smith in the last four.
Peter Wright has been inconsistent so far in the 2020 Premier League and in his bid to try and improve matters he faces a very tricky test against Nathan Aspinall, who has won three of his opening four matches – including a notable victory against Van Gerwen. Aspinall has beaten Wright in each of their last three meetings and certainly won’t lack belief which makes this even tougher for Snakebite. Wright is playing well enough away from the Premier League to suggest his fortunes will change but he might be forced to settle for a draw here in a high-quality tussle.