2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Michael van Gerwen vs Nathan Aspinall Preview & Prediction
When is Michael van Gerwen vs Nathan Aspinall taking place? Thursday 20th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Michael van Gerwen vs Nathan Aspinall taking place? Motorpoint Arena
What channel is Michael van Gerwen vs Nathan Aspinall on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael van Gerwen vs Nathan Aspinall? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael van Gerwen vs Nathan Aspinall? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Michael van Gerwen beat Nathan Aspinall 6-3
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- Michael van Gerwen enjoyed an emphatic 7-1 win against Daryl Gurney last Thursday and is the only player to have a 100% winning record after the opening two nights of the 2020 Premier League season.
- Van Gerwen’s formidable form so far in this Premier League campaign is shown by his very impressive tournament average of 104.51 and an outstanding checkout percentage of 70%.
- The world number one produced some high-calibre performances last weekend at the two Players Championship tournaments, but it was again proven that he is not unbeatable as he lost to Ryan Searle in the final on Saturday and in the last eight against Danny Noppert on Sunday.
- Nathan Aspinall was unable to push home a winning advantage against Rob Cross last week when he led 4-3 with a break of throw only to eventually lose 7-5 to the 2019 Premier League runner-up.
- Aspinall was averaging 100 when he was 4-3 in front against Cross but by the end of the match his average had dipped to just over 95 as he saw his opponent impressively close out the contest with two ton-plus checkouts in the last five legs.
- Last weekend he exited in the last 32 in each of the two Players Championship tournaments, losing to Joe Murnan with an average of 88 on Saturday and then to Danny Noppert on Sunday.
With two excellent performances in his opening two games, Michael van Gerwen looks determined to prove he is still the main man. His winning record will be put to the test in this encounter against Nathan Aspinall who enjoyed two wins against Van Gerwen from their four meetings in 2019. In a match of this format there is no doubting that Aspinall can trouble Mighty Mike, but it just seems the Dutchman is fully switched on and will respond positively to the challenge, and he is predicted to win 7-4.