2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Michael Smith vs Peter Wright Preview & Prediction
When is Michael Smith vs Peter Wright taking place? Thursday 12th March, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Michael Smith vs Peter Wright taking place? M&S Bank Arena
What channel is Michael Smith vs Peter Wright on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael Smith vs Peter Wright? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael Smith vs Peter Wright? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Michael Smith beat Peter Wright 7-5
- Michael Smith has won each of his last three Premier League matches and now sits second in the table just behind Glen Durrant on leg difference.
- Smith earned a notable 7-4 victory against Michael van Gerwen in Exeter last Thursday with a tremendous performance in the opening seven legs doing the damage as he stormed into a 6-1 lead whilst averaging 107.
- His hopes of a run deep into the latter stages of the UK Open last weekend were ended by Rob Cross in the last 32 when he went down to a defeat in a last leg decider.
- Peter Wright bounced back from his 7-1 defeat against Gerwyn Price with a tremendous display in a 7-3 victory against Nathan Aspinall last week in Exeter.
- Snakebite posted the highest average so far in the 2020 Premier League season of 110.00 in the outstanding performance against Aspinall.
- Although Wright didn’t make it further than the last 16 at the UK Open, he still performed to a high standard in all three of his matches having averaged over 100 in his wins against Durrant and White and again in his defeat against Gurney.
Most of the recent encounters between Michael Smith and Peter Wright have been close affairs and there are plenty of reasons to suspect this match will be the same. The pair shared a couple of draws in the 2019 Premier League and their two meetings so far on the circuit in 2020 have seen a win each for both players. Over 11.5 legs in the match looks a good possibility and, in a match likely to go the distance over 6.5 180s is also worth considering especially with Wright in prolific 180 hitting form in the 2020 Premier League.