2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Michael Smith vs Glen Durrant Preview & Prediction
When is Michael Smith vs Glen Durrant taking place? Thursday 6th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Michael Smith vs Glen Durrant taking place? P&J Live
What channel is Michael Smith vs Glen Durrant on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Michael Smith vs Glen Durrant? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Michael Smith vs Glen Durrant? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Glen Durrant beat Michael Smith 16-12
- Michael Smith is competing in the Premier League for the fourth time in his career and his best performance to date came in 2018 when he reached the final.
- Smith had a poor 2019 Premier League campaign, he failed to register a win in his last eight matches and finished well adrift of the play-off places.
- He arrives in Aberdeen after coming agonisingly close to capturing the 2020 Ladbrokes Masters title on Sunday evening when he missed three match darts to defeat Peter Wright in a thrilling final leg.
- Three-time BDO World Champion Glen Durrant is making his debut as a Premier League competitor after an excellent first season on the PDC circuit that led to him winning The Best Newcomer Award.
- Duzza’s impressive performances in 2019 saw him win two ranking tournaments and reach the semi-finals of three televised events, his run to the semi-finals at the World Matchplay saw him record a memorable victory against Michael van Gerwen.
- His run at the World Matchplay was ended by Michael Smith, but Duzza gained his revenge at the Grand Slam of Darts when he triumphed 16-12 in their quarter-final encounter.
The 2020 Premier League kicks-off with a good-looking match between Michael Smith and Glen Durrant. Duzza is a popular addition to the competition and has the ability to be in the mix for a play-off place. Smith showed some good form at last weekend’s Masters but he will need to put behind him the disappointment of missing three match darts to win the tournament if he is to take the two points. In what is likely to be a close contest a draw would be no surprise, but the main prediction is for Smith to hit the most 180s - as he has done during each of their last two encounters.