2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Glen Durrant vs Gary Anderson Preview & Prediction
When is Glen Durrant vs Gary Anderson taking place? Thursday 20th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Glen Durrant vs Gary Anderson taking place? Motorpoint Arena
What channel is Glen Durrant vs Gary Anderson on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Glen Durrant vs Gary Anderson? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Glen Durrant vs Gary Anderson? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Gary Anderson beat Glen Durrant 5-4
- Glen Durrant was a very relieved man as he came back from 6-4 down to rescue a point from his match against ‘challenger’ Fallon Sherrock in Nottingham on night two.
- Durrant’s missed doubles earlier in the contest were punished by Sherrock, but the former BDO champion crucially held his nerve to win the final two legs of the match as he looked set for defeat.
- On Saturday, Durrant reached the quarter-finals at Players Championship 3 where he lost to the eventual champion Ryan Searle and his run to the last eight included a victory against Ratajski who went on to win Players Championship 4 on Sunday.
- Gary Anderson has three points to show from his opening two matches of the 2020 Premier League campaign, with a win against Daryl Gurney on night one followed by a draw against Peter Wright last week.
- He had fought back from 4-2 down against Wright to lead 6-5 but a very strong final leg from Snakebite saw Anderson denied a second consecutive Premier League win.
- Anderson competed in both of the two Players Championship tournaments last weekend but he failed to make the quarter-finals on either day. He lost in round two to Wesley Harms on Saturday and on Sunday he was beaten in the last 16 by Michael van Gerwen.
After feeling the pressure against Fallon Sherrock last Thursday, Glen Durrant is likely to be more relaxed playing the two-time Premier League champion Gary Anderson this time out. Durrant is a quality performer who can defeat anyone, but one feels the outcome of this particular match depends on how well Anderson plays. If he turns up in the mood, he should have too much for Durrant. The heavy scoring from Anderson might be pivotal in restricting Duzza’s chances and an Anderson victory whilst also hitting the most 180s looks a good possibility.