2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Gerwyn Price vs Rob Cross Preview & Prediction
When is Gerwyn Price vs Rob Cross taking place? Thursday 6th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Gerwyn Price vs Rob Cross taking place? P&J Live
What channel is Gerwyn Price vs Rob Cross on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Gerwyn Price vs Rob Cross? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gerwyn Price vs Rob Cross? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Rob Cross beat Gerwyn Price 11-5
- Gerwyn Price finished the 2019 Premier League campaign strongly with only one defeat in his last eight matches and only just missed out on making the play-offs by one point.
- Price was in the form of his life at the back end of 2019 when he successfully retained his Grand Slam of Darts title with consecutive wins against Gary Anderson, Michael van Gerwen and Peter Wright.
- He was well beaten 10-2 by Gary Anderson in the quarter-finals of the Ladbrokes Masters last weekend, though it was more a case of Anderson in sublime form rather than a poor performance from the Welshman.
- Rob Cross finished one point behind league winner Michael van Gerwen in the league phase last year and went on to lose to the Dutchman in the final itself.
- Cross tasted success in 2019 with victory at the World Matchplay and European Championship but he did have a disappointing end to the year with a defeat against Kim Huybrechts in his opening match at the World Championship.
- Voltage also started his 2020 season in underwhelming fashion with a 10-5 defeat in round one at the Masters against Adrian Lewis in a match where Cross averaged only 83.81.
Rob Cross is not in the kind of form that saw him reach the final of the Premier League in 2019 and he faces a very difficult opening match against Gerwyn Price who looks capable of making a big challenge for the top four and also the title itself. The inconsistency that Cross is showing at the moment just does not inspire confidence that he is playing well enough to defeat the Welshman and a 7-4 victory for Price is the prediction.