2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright Preview & Prediction
When is Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright taking place? Thursday 27th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright taking place? 3Arena
What channel is Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gerwyn Price vs Peter Wright? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Peter Wright beat Gerwyn Price 8-6
- Gerwyn Price drew 6-6 against Daryl Gurney last time out in Cardiff and he has started his 2020 Premier League campaign with three draws from his opening three matches.
- In his match against Gurney, Price was forced to win the final leg of the match to salvage a point for the third match in a row, having also done so against Rob Cross and Michael Smith.
- The Iceman has been in excellent form away from the Premier League and reached back-to-back finals in the weekend just gone. He lost in the final against Peter Wright on Saturday at Players Championship 5 and won his first title of the season on Sunday at Players Championship 6 with a victory against Michael van Gerwen in the final.
- Peter Wright picked up his first win of the Premier League season when he defeated Rob Cross 7-5 last Thursday, which was Wright’s first Premier League victory since night five of the 2019 campaign.
- Wright was in outstanding form for much of the contest against Cross and was averaging 108 after nine legs but he couldn’t maintain that level and ended the match with an average of 101.95.
- Snakebite produced a scintillating display of darts last Saturday on his way to winning his first ProTour title of 2020 with a victory against Gerwyn Price in the final at Players Championship 5. His average for the tournament was an incredible 106 which included a 120.2 average in one of his early round matches.
This should be the match of the night as two in-form top players go head-to-head in what should be a game not to be missed. They faced each other as recently as Saturday in a ProTour final where Wright came out on top in a high-quality affair in which both players recorded an average of just over 109 and if they get anywhere near to that standard, we are in for a treat. It surely has the potential to go the distance with a slight leaning towards Wright claiming the victory. Over 11.5 legs, over 6.5 180s and Wright over 3.5 180s look like strong possibilities.