2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Gary Anderson vs Peter Wright Preview & Prediction
When is Gary Anderson vs Peter Wright taking place? Thursday 13th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Gary Anderson vs Peter Wright taking place? Motorpoint Arena
What channel is Gary Anderson vs Peter Wright on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Gary Anderson vs Peter Wright? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gary Anderson vs Peter Wright? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Peter Wright beat Gary Anderson 11-7
- Gary Anderson made a winning return to Premier League action with a 7-5 victory against Daryl Gurney on night one. It was Anderson’s first game in the competition since 2018 having missed the 2019 edition through injury.
- Anderson produced some superb darts to win the final three legs against Gurney after he had trailed 5-4. The Flying Scotsman produced two 12-darters and one 13-darter and closed out the game with an excellent 104 checkout.
- He continued his form through to Players Championship 1 on Saturday when he averaged almost 102 across his seven matches on the way to winning the tournament. His impressive run to glory included victories against Rob Cross and Gerwyn Price.
- Peter Wright will be looking to bounce back from his opening night defeat against Michael van Gerwen. Wright had led 2-0 against Van Gerwen but was then punished for missed chances in the next three legs as the Dutchman recovered and turned the match around.
- The defeat against Van Gerwen in Aberdeen ended Wright’s winning run of ten matches that had seen him win the World Championship and Masters titles.
- Last weekend he reached the quarter-finals in both of the Players Championship tournaments, losing to eventual finalist Jeff Smith on Saturday and then the next day he was defeated by Nathan Aspinall despite averaging almost 114 – Aspinall hit a nine-darter and averaged 117.5 in the contest.
Gary Anderson and Peter Wright are in the type of form to suggest this could be a high-quality encounter not to be missed. Both players have thrown in some top-class performances already in 2020 and there are certainly signs that there is more to come. Wright has had the better of their recent meetings but he may be thwarted in his bid to extend that sequence with Anderson tipped to hold the World Champion to a draw. With both players full of confidence and scoring heavily, over 6.5 180s in the match is a possibility.