2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Gary Anderson vs Luke Humphries Preview & Prediction
When is Gary Anderson vs Luke Humphries taking place? Thursday 5th March, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Gary Anderson vs Luke Humphries taking place? Westpoint Exeter
What channel is Gary Anderson vs Luke Humphries on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Gary Anderson vs Luke Humphries? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gary Anderson vs Luke Humphries? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Gary Anderson beat Luke Humphries 6-2
- Gary Anderson sits just outside the top four in the table and bounced back from his defeat against Glen Durrant with a 7-5 victory over Rob Cross in Dublin last Thursday night.
- Although Anderson recorded impressive finishes of 109 and 106 against Cross his overall checkout percentage was just 35% and his tournament percentage of 39.34% is second lowest of all nine competitors.
- Anderson’s only previous encounter against Luke Humphries resulted in a 6-2 victory for the Scotsman when they met in a tour event in 2018.
- Luke Humphries has been invited back to play on the Premier League stage in Exeter for the second consecutive year having impressed in a 6-6 draw against Gerwyn Price in 2019 where he averaged 101.
- Humphries again showed his talent at the 2019-20 World Championship when he reached the quarter-finals for the second consecutive time only losing to the eventual champion Peter Wright.
- Despite that impressive run he hasn’t started the season as well as he would have hoped and has yet to make it through to the last 16 on the circuit in 2020, last weekend he lost to Ronny Huybrechts in the opening round at the Belgian Darts Championship with an average of just under 83.
Gary Anderson faces a potentially tricky test against Luke Humphries who has the ability to push the Scotsman hard. The pace of the game should be rapid and suit both players and there is certainly the possibility for a good number of 180s if both players find their range and rhythm so over 6.5 180s in the match is the main tip. Anderson 7-4 is the match outcome prediction.