2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Gary Anderson vs Daryl Gurney Preview & Prediction
When is Gary Anderson vs Daryl Gurney taking place? Thursday 6th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Gary Anderson vs Daryl Gurney taking place? P&J Live
What channel is Gary Anderson vs Daryl Gurney on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Gary Anderson vs Daryl Gurney? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gary Anderson vs Daryl Gurney? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Gary Anderson beat Daryl Gurney 6-2
- Former two-time champion Gary Anderson is back in the Premier League after a one-year absence having missed the 2019 edition through injury.
- Anderson has an excellent record at qualifying for the play-offs in the Premier League, having done so in each of his last five campaigns in the tournament.
- The Flying Scotsman showed some encouraging form at the Masters last weekend when he reached the semi-finals, a run which included a very impressive 10-2 victory against Gerwyn Price.
- Daryl Gurney improved on his 5th place finish in his Premier League debut season in 2018 by qualifying for the play-offs in 2019 where he exited the tournament at the hands of Michael van Gerwen.
- Gurney’s 2019 Premier League season certainly had some ups and downs as he twice defeated Michael van Gerwen but also suffered consecutive defeats of 7-1 and 7-0 early in the campaign to Rob Cross and James Wade respectively.
- The Northern Irishman has a good record against Anderson in big tournaments, with five wins from their last seven meetings on the TV stage, though their previous two Premier League encounters have resulted in a draw and an Anderson victory.
Gary Anderson’s return to Premier League action is sure to be well received by the Scottish supporters, with the former two-time champion likely to enjoy plenty of vocal support. The Flying Scotsman showed some positive signs of form last weekend at the Masters and if he plays to a similar standard, he is capable of starting the campaign with a victory. Gurney will be no pushover though and his power-scoring should see a very competitive encounter where a match total of over 6.5 180s looks to be achievable.