2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen Preview & Prediction
When is Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen taking place? Thursday 13th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen taking place? Motorpoint Arena
What channel is Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Daryl Gurney vs Michael van Gerwen? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Michael van Gerwen beat Daryl Gurney 8-3
- Daryl Gurney suffered an opening night defeat against Gary Anderson last Thursday in Aberdeen, with Anderson winning three legs in a row to come back from 5-4 down to claim the two points.
- Missed doubles at crucial times proved costly for Gurney, he missed eight darts to lead 5-3 and then missed a further opportunity to lead 6-4 which would have seen him guaranteed at least a point.
- His results in the Players Championship tournaments last weekend were disappointing with two exits in the last 64 against Mickey Mansell and Jeff Smith. Gurney has only been further than the last 16 in one of his last 14 tournament appearances.
MICHAEL VAN GERWEN
- Michael van Gerwen averaged 104.13 as he enjoyed a 7-5 victory against Peter Wright on the opening night of the 2020 Premier League last Thursday in Aberdeen.
- Van Gerwen’s finishing against Wright was superb, he ended the match with a checkout percentage of 77.8% and landed four ton plus finishes during the encounter.
- MVG failed to make it through to the quarter-finals in any of the two Players Championship tournaments that were played last weekend. He lost to Brendan Dolan in the last 32 on Saturday, and a day later was beaten in the last 16 by Jamie Hughes.
Michael van Gerwen proved some of his doubters wrong with a very accomplished performance against Peter Wright last Thursday. It has to be said though that had Wright taken his chances early on it could have been a different story and failure to reach the quarter-finals in any of the two Players Championship tournaments at the weekend just gone shows he is still not at his dominant best. Daryl Gurney did the double over Van Gerwen in the league phase last year, he won’t fear the challenge ahead of him but his form is not great and he does not look to be playing at a level which suggests he can come out on top in the key moments against Van Gerwen. A 7-4 win for the Dutchman is the predicted outcome.