2020 Unibet Premier League Darts – Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price Preview & Prediction
When is Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Thursday 20th February, 2020 – evening (UK)
Where is Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price taking place? Motorpoint Arena
What channel is Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price on? Sky Sports Action
Where can I stream Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Daryl Gurney vs Gerwyn Price? Click here to purchase tickets for the 2020 Premier League Darts
What was the score in the last meeting? Gerwyn Price beat Daryl Gurney 10-6
- Daryl Gurney is the only player yet to pick up a point in the 2020 Premier League, having started his campaign with defeats against Gary Anderson and Michael van Gerwen.
- Last Thursday he suffered a 7-1 trouncing at the hands of Van Gerwen, the Dutchman gave Gurney very few chances and finished the match with an average of 105.
- Gurney has also endured a tough start to the season away from the Premier League, last weekend he lost his opening match in both of the Players Championship tournaments and he has been defeated in seven of his first nine matches in 2020.
- Gerwyn Price came from behind to earn a point for the second match in a row when he fought back to draw 6-6 against Michael Smith last Thursday in Nottingham. The unbeaten start to the 2020 Premier League campaign has extended his record to only one defeat in his last ten matches in the competition.
- Defeat for Price against Smith looked extremely likely when he trailed 6-2 against an opponent who was averaging 114, but Price took advantage as Smith started to become more erratic and the Welshman was ecstatic at picking up a point from the contest.
- A match in his home country should give extra motivation for Price, in the 2019 Premier League he enjoyed an 8-5 victory against Michael Smith at this venue.
Both of these players are looking for their first win of the 2020 Premier League campaign and it certainly seems that Gerwyn Price is the more likely of the two to claim the victory in this fixture. Price should be inspired from the extra support he is likely to get in his home country, and it could be a tough night for Gurney who is struggling to find his form. The Welshman is tipped to delight the crowd and claim the two points.