2020 Betfred World Matchplay – Glen Durrant vs Vincent van der Voort Preview & Prediction
When is Glen Durrant vs Vincent van der Voort taking place? Friday 24th July, 2020 (session starts at 19:00 (UK))
Where is Glen Durrant vs Vincent van der Voort taking place? Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes
What channel is Glen Durrant vs Vincent van der Voort on? Sky Sports
Where can I stream Glen Durrant vs Vincent van der Voort? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Glen Durrant vs Vincent van der Voort? The 2020 Betfred World Matchplay will take place behind closed doors
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Glen Durrant beat Vincent van der Voort 6-3
- Glen Durrant dug deep to produce an impressive 11-8 victory against the current world champion Peter Wright and he is now eyeing up a second successive World Matchplay semi-final appearance.
- Duzza was not downhearted at going into the first break 4-1 down against Wright and he responded in excellent fashion by claiming the next six legs, and when Snakebite edged ahead again at 8-7 the Teesider responded by winning four legs in a row to seal his spot in the last eight.
- This is his fifth major ranking quarter-final since he switched from the BDO at the start of 2019 and he went on to reach the semis from three of those previous four quarter-final ties.
VINCENT VAN DER VOORT
- Vincent van der Voort has impressively earned wins against Dave Chisnall and Daryl Gurney to reach the World Matchplay quarter-finals for the first time since 2009.
- Having claimed five legs in a row to defeat Chisnall in round one he started his match against Gurney in the same fashion by racing into a 5-0 lead. The number six seed stopped the run by winning back-to-back legs but another five-leg winning streak from the big Dutchman gave him a sizeable advantage and it was then only a matter of time before he claimed the match-winning leg.
- Whilst unexpected, Van der Voort’s run to the quarters has been no fluke as he has played consistently well across his previous two games and he comes in the last eight with a tournament average of 98.30 and a checkout percentage of 43.75%.
Glen Durrant defeated Michael van Gerwen at the 2019 World Matchplay on his way to reaching the semi-finals and he looks in good shape to make it through to the last four again in 2020 after claiming the scalp of Peter Wright in the last 16. Duzza rose to the challenge when his game against Snakebite entered the business end of the contest with his consistency and determination coming to the fore. Van der Voort deserves huge credit for his performances in the first two rounds and if he does play to a similar standard he will certainly push Durrant hard, but the Dutchman faces an extremely tough task to overcome the Teesider in a match of this distance. The relentless leg-on-leg pressure from Durrant is likely to take its toll and I’m predicting a 16-12 win for the three-time BDO world champion.