2020 Betfred World Matchplay – Gabriel Clemens vs Krzysztof Ratajski Preview & Prediction
When is Gabriel Clemens vs Krzysztof Ratajski taking place? Tuesday 21st July, 2020 (session starts at 18:00 (UK))
Where is Gabriel Clemens vs Krzysztof Ratajski taking place? Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes
What channel is Gabriel Clemens vs Krzysztof Ratajski on? Sky Sports
Where can I stream Gabriel Clemens vs Krzysztof Ratajski? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gabriel Clemens vs Krzysztof Ratajski? The 2020 Betfred World Matchplay will take place behind closed doors
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Krzysztof Ratajski beat Gabriel Clemens 6-2
- Gabriel Clemens enjoyed a dream debut at the World Matchplay as he ousted the defending champion Rob Cross 10-8 in their round one contest on Sunday evening.
- The German Giant responded well to seeing a 5-3 lead turn into a 6-5 deficit as he produced his best darts of the match to win five out of the next six legs.
- The level of performance from both players was patchy but ultimately it was the German’s finishing that proved to be the difference between the pair as shown by the fact Clemens hit 10 out of 18 attempts whereas Cross mustered eight hits from his 23 attempts.
- Krzysztof Ratajski was in tremendous form as he swept aside Jermaine Wattimena 10-4 to move into the last 16 for the second year in succession at the World Matchplay.
- The Polish Eagle lost the opening leg of the match to a 118 checkout but bounced right back with a 132 finish in the second leg and took full control of the contest thereafter with a superb all-round performance.
- Ratajski averaged over 108 for the majority of the game and was impressive in all aspects of his play as he adapted seamlessly to the playing conditions.
Gabriel Clemens and Krzysztof Ratajski might not be well known names or faces to the casual darts viewers but make no mistake they are quality performers who are very capable of progressing through to the latter stages of this tournament. Ratajski in particular has proven himself time and time again over the last couple of years on the circuit and his sublime showing in round one was certainly not a one-off. The Polish Eagle might not hit exactly the same heights in this game but a ton-plus average is not out of the question and he is tipped to move through to the quarter-finals. Clemens is just a bit behind Ratajski in terms of experience and consistency and has lost all of the four previous meetings between the two players. The German star will no doubt be seen again at the Matchplay but his 2020 tournament is predicted to end in round two.