2020 Betfred World Matchplay – Daryl Gurney vs Vincent van der Voort Preview & Prediction
When is Daryl Gurney vs Vincent van der Voort taking place? Wednesday 22nd July, 2020 (session starts at 19:00 (UK))
Where is Daryl Gurney vs Vincent van der Voort taking place? Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes
What channel is Daryl Gurney vs Vincent van der Voort on? Sky Sports
Where can I stream Daryl Gurney vs Vincent van der Voort? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Daryl Gurney vs Vincent van der Voort? The 2020 Betfred World Matchplay will take place behind closed doors
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Daryl Gurney beat Vincent van der Voort 6-1
- Daryl Gurney set up this second round meeting against Dutchman Vincent van der Voort by defeating Ricky Evans 10-5 on Monday evening.
- Gurney’s match against Evans was very much in the balance when the match was tied at five legs apiece at the second break but Superchin managed to pull away from his opponent thereafter to seal the victory.
- Despite the win, the two-time Matchplay semi-finalist never quite hit the heights of what he is capable of against Evans and finished the match with an average of 92.37.
VINCENT VAN DER VOORT
- Vincent van der Voort upset the odds to defeat Dave Chisnall 10-6 in round one and in doing so recorded his first win at the World Matchplay since 2011.
- The Dutchman had trailed 6-5 but produced an impressive winning run of five consecutive legs to pull away from Chizzy and seal a place in the last 16.
- The performance from Van der Voort throughout the match was of a very good standard as he ended the contest with an average of just under 99 whilst having notched a total of seven 180s.
Vincent van der Voort performed excellently to defeat Dave Chisnall in the opening round and he will need to play to the same standard - if not better - against Daryl Gurney if he is to progress further in the tournament. Gurney wasn’t quite at his best against Evans but he looked unruffled and as a regular contender in the big events he has the belief to come through such contests. I expect Van der Voort to push Gurney hard in this contest but for the Northern Irishman to have the consistency to pull through. My main betting tip is for over 9.5 180s; they mustered a total of 12 between them in round one and are certainly capable of racking up at least ten in this match.