2020 Betfred World Matchplay – Daryl Gurney vs Ricky Evans Preview & Prediction
When is Daryl Gurney vs Ricky Evans taking place? Monday 20th July, 2020 (session starts at 18:00 (UK))
Where is Daryl Gurney vs Ricky Evans taking place? Marshall Arena, Milton Keynes
What channel is Daryl Gurney vs Ricky Evans on? Sky Sports
Where can I stream Daryl Gurney vs Ricky Evans? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Daryl Gurney vs Ricky Evans? The 2020 Betfred World Matchplay will take place behind closed doors
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Daryl Gurney beat Ricky Evans 10-7
- Daryl Gurney is a two-time World Matchplay semi-finalist and came so close to reaching the final 12 months ago when he led 14-7 against the eventual champion Rob Cross in the last four.
- The Northern Irishman has been a regular feature in the latter stage of the major tournaments over the last few years and added another semi-finals appearance to his collection at the UK Open in March not long before the tour was forced to halt due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- He returned to action at the recent Summer Series and produced some encouraging performances, most notably on day three when he reached the semis.
- Ricky Evans has added more consistency into his game over the last year or so and as a result of his rise up the rankings he has been seen more in the major TV ranking tournaments.
- He made his World Matchplay debut in 2019 when he lost 10-7 against Daryl Gurney and Rapid will be hoping for better fortunes in Milton Keynes a year after their meeting at Blackpool.
- Evans hasn’t reached a quarter-final since last October at the European Championship, though he might have put that right at the Summer Series had he not run into Peter Wright in three of the five tournaments.
Daryl Gurney is a very accomplished performer in the major ranking tournaments and he is focussed on having another good run at the 2020 Matchplay. The Northern Irishman faces a round one repeat of his opening match from the 2019 tournament when he ousted Ricky Evans. That win was not easy though and Evans is capable of pushing Gurney hard again in this encounter. Gurney’s determination and belief at the key moments should see him get the job done in a match predicted to last over 16.5 legs.