2020 BDO World Darts Championship – Wesley Harms vs Scott Waites Preview & Prediction
When is Wesley Harms vs Scott Waites taking place? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – evening
Where is Wesley Harms vs Scott Waites taking place? Indigo at The O2, London
Where can I stream Wesley Harms vs Scott Waites? If televised on Eurosport, then the match can be streamed on either Sky Go or Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Wesley Harms vs Scott Waites? Click here to purchase tickets
- Wesley Harms was pushed all the way in his round one match against Sweden’s Andreas Harrysson, with the number one seed finally overcoming his opponent in extra legs in the deciding set.
- Harms ended the match against Harrysson with an average of 91.79, whilst also hitting three ton-plus checkouts – including a 121 finish at the end of a 12-dart break of throw in the penultimate leg of the match.
- Sparky lost at this stage of the World Championship to Willem Mandigers 12 months ago and is aiming to reach the quarter-finals for only the second time since 2013.
- Scott Waites defeated three-time World Champion Martin Adams 3-2 on Monday evening to reach the last 16 at the BDO World Championship for the 12th time in his career.
- The match average of 84.20 recorded by Waites against Adams in their round one encounter is his lowest ever average at the BDO World Championship.
- Waites has not failed to get through to the quarter-finals at the BDO World Championship since 2015. At this stage of the tournament in 2019, he defeated Richard Veenstra 4-1.
This is an intriguing match between the number one seed Wesley Harms and two-time champion Scott Waites. It is hard to ignore their recent records at the World Championship with Waites reaching the semi-finals in three of the last four years and Harms only having one quarter-final appearance since 2013. Harms outperformed Waites significantly in their respective round one matches though, and on the back of a season where he has won seven titles, he might just be in the type of form to have a good run at the World Championship this year. In such a tough match to call, it might be more prudent to look at the most 180s market; Harms has a poor return of two 180s or less in eight of his last nine matches at the BDO World Championship and Waites seems capable of topping the 180 count between the pair.