2020 BDO World Darts Championship – Wayne Warren vs Andy Hamilton Preview & Prediction
When is Wayne Warren vs Andy Hamilton taking place? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – afternoon
Where is Wayne Warren vs Andy Hamilton taking place? Indigo at The O2, London
Where can I stream Wayne Warren vs Andy Hamilton? If televised on Eurosport, then the match can be streamed on either Sky Go or Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Wayne Warren vs Andy Hamilton? Click here to purchase tickets
- Wayne Warren defeated Australia’s Justin Thompson 3-2 in round one with an average of 92.75 to make it through to the last 16 at the BDO World Championship for the third year in a row.
- Warren impressively won the deciding set against Thompson without dropping a leg and he closed out the match with a 120 finish.
- Warren has now averaged over 92 in four of his last six matches at the BDO World Championship, and his highest average at the tournament is the 97.71 he recorded against Layton in the first round last year.
- Andy Hamilton recovered from losing the opening set to defeat New Zealand’s Darren Herewini 3-1 in a contest where neither player performed as well as they would have hoped.
- Hamilton’s average of 82.59 against Herewini was lower than the one he posted in his prelim round defeat against David Cameron at the 2019 BDO World Championship.
- The former PDC World Championship finalist has competed in the latter stages of big tournaments on numerous occasions in his career but he hasn’t reached a major televised ranking tournament quarter-final since 2013.
Wayne Warren played well in a good contest against Justin Thompson in round one and he is capable of bringing a similar level of performance to the oche against Andy Hamilton in this encounter. Although Hamilton may feel more settled having won his opening round game, the chances are that he will have to play much better if he is going to progress through this round. There have just not been enough signs in recent times to suggest that Hamilton will be capable of producing the standard needed to win this game and a 4-2 win for Warren is the predicted outcome.