2020 BDO World Darts Championship – Paul Hogan vs Jim Williams Preview & Prediction
When is Paul Hogan vs Jim Williams taking place? Friday 10th January, 2020 – evening
Where is Paul Hogan vs Jim Williams taking place? Indigo at The O2, London
Where can I stream Paul Hogan vs Jim Williams? If televised on Eurosport, then the match can be streamed on either Sky Go or Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Paul Hogan vs Jim Williams? Click here to purchase tickets
- Paul Hogan was again in tremendous form as he averaged just under 100 in a 4-1 victory against Martijn Kleermaker to reach the quarter-finals for the third time in his career.
- Hogan’s average of 99.69 in the last 16 surpassed the 97.51 he recorded in the previous round. Prior to the quarter-finals, the veteran has posted the two highest averages at the 2020 BDO World Championship.
- His previous appearances in the quarter-finals at the BDO World Championship have ended in defeats against the eventual champion. In 1995 he lost to Richie Burnett and in 2006 he exited in the quarters against Jelle Klaasen.
- Jim Williams cruised through his last 16 encounter against Ryan Hogarth in straight sets with an average of 94.36 and three ton-plus finishes.
- Williams averaged well over 100 in the final two sets against Hogarth with the Welshman taking out three 12-darters and only missing one dart at a double from seven attempts during an emphatic performance in sets three and four.
- This is his third consecutive appearance in the quarter-finals at the BDO World Championships. Last year at this stage of the tournament, he defeated former champion Scott Mitchell and two years ago he lost 5-4 against defending champion Glen Durrant.
Paul Hogan has been in tremendous form in his last two matches and his performance levels have been no fluke having previously played to that standard on the big stage at the UK Open. Hogan does not play much on the tour so he is never amongst the seeded players but he is certainly not under-estimated by his opponents. Pre-tournament favourite Jim Williams produced excellent darts in his final two sets against Hogarth but he will be under more pressure in this match and will be tested to the limit. Hogan’s confidence is sky-high at the moment and he is predicted to come out on top in a match capable of going the distance.