2020 BDO World Darts Championship – Michael Unterbuchner vs Scott Mitchell Preview & Prediction
When is Michael Unterbuchner vs Scott Mitchell taking place? Wednesday 8th January, 2020 – evening
Where is Michael Unterbuchner vs Scott Mitchell taking place? Indigo at The O2, London
Where can I stream Michael Unterbuchner vs Scott Mitchell? If televised on Eurosport, then the match can be streamed on either Sky Go or Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Michael Unterbuchner vs Scott Mitchell? Click here to purchase tickets
- Michael Unterbuchner defeated Willem Mandigers 3-1 in a good quality encounter to make it through to the last 16 for the third year in a row at the BDO World Championship.
- His average of 89.71 was nearly five points less than that of Mandigers but the German hit the right shots and the right time, which included key checkouts of 111 and 108.
- Unterbuchner has never failed to reach the semi-finals in his two previous World Championship appearances, so he has a 100% winning record at this stage of the tournament. Last year in the round of 16, he won in straight sets against Wayne Warren and two years ago he won 4-2 against Martin Phillips.
- Scott Mitchell started his 2020 World Championship campaign with a 3-1 victory against 14-year-old Leighton Bennett on Tuesday evening.
- Mitchell didn’t have to be at his best to progress to the last 16, and his match average of 84.96 against Bennett is his lowest at the BDO World Championship since 2013.
- 2015 champion Mitchell has now made it through to the last 16 at the BDO World Championship in eight consecutive years, and he has won three of his last five ties at this stage of the tournament.
This is a match between two quality players who should serve up a very competitive encounter. Both are used to playing on the big stage over a long format so there is a good chance they should settle fairly quickly and picking a winner is not an easy task. A slight edge is given towards Unterbuchner due to his clinical finishing, but the main prediction for this match is over 5.5 sets.