2020 BDO World Darts Championship – Mario Vandenbogaerde vs Jim Williams Preview & Prediction
When is Mario Vandenbogaerde vs Jim Williams taking place? Saturday 11th January, 2020 – evening
Where is Mario Vandenbogaerde vs Jim Williams taking place? Indigo at The O2, London
Where can I stream Mario Vandenbogaerde vs Jim Williams? If televised on Eurosport, then the match can be streamed on either Sky Go or Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Mario Vandenbogaerde vs Jim Williams? Click here to purchase tickets
- Mario Vandenbogaerde defeated Chris Landman 5-3 on Friday afternoon to make it through to the semi-finals on his first appearance at the BDO World Championships.
- Vandenbogaerde had only dropped one set in his two matches prior to the quarter-finals and he was tested a lot more against Landman, but he came through the examination by winning six out of eight legs when the match was poised at three sets each.
- His checkout percentage of 36% in his quarter-final victory was well down on the standard he showed in his first two matches where he checkout out at over 50% on both occasions.
- Jim Williams wasn’t at his best but he still enjoyed an easy 5-1 win in the quarters against an out-of-sorts Paul Hogan who struggled to hit the heights of his previous performances at the tournament.
- Number two seed Williams averaged just 86.81 against Hogan, which was almost eight points worse than the average he posted in his 4-0 victory against Hogarth in the last 16.
- This is his second consecutive appearance in the semi-finals at the BDO World Championship. Last year he lost at this stage of the tournament against Glen Durrant in a match where Williams recorded his highest ever World Championship average of 94.47.
Jim Williams has only shown brief glimpses of the standard of play that saw him enter the 2020 BDO World Championship as the favourite to lift the title. The fact is though, he is still in the tournament and is capable of reaching a higher level of performance than Vandenbogaerde. The Belgian number eleven seed will push Williams hard and that might be what the Welshman needs. A 6-4 win is the predicted outcome in favour of Williams.