2020 BDO World Darts Championship – Lisa Ashton vs Corrine Hammond Preview & Prediction
When is Lisa Ashton vs Corrine Hammond taking place? Friday 10th January, 2020 – afternoon
Where is Lisa Ashton vs Corrine Hammond taking place? Indigo at The O2, London
Where can I stream Lisa Ashton vs Corrine Hammond? If televised on Eurosport, then the match can be streamed on either Sky Go or Eurosport Player
Where can I get tickets for Lisa Ashton vs Corrine Hammond? Click here to purchase tickets
- Four-time champion Lisa Ashton has not dropped a set in reaching the semi-finals, though her 2-0 win against Lorraine Winstanley in the quarter-finals was far from easy with both sets going to a deciding leg and Winstanley missing a number of opportunities during the contest.
- Ashton’s match averages in her two previous games have been almost identical with a 79.81 average against Jacklin in round one followed by a 79.90 in her quarter-final victory against Winstanley.
- This is Ashton’s sixth semi-final appearance at the BDO World Championships and she has a perfect winning record of five wins from her previous five semi-finals encounters.
- Corrine Hammond has moved through to this stage of the tournament without dropping a set. In the quarter-finals, she defeated Laura Turner 2-0 to progress to the World Championship semi-finals for the second time in her career.
- 2017 runner-up Hammond played well in patches against Turner but never quite hit top form as she finished the match with an average of 67.75 with Turner averaging just 61.82.
- The Australian number one defeated Anastasia Dobromyslova 2-0 in her one and only previous World Championship semi-final appearance in 2017, when she went on to lose to Lisa Ashton in the final.
Four-time champion Ashton is closing in on another appearance in the final and she has an excellent record against Hammond in their previous meetings in big tournament which includes a 3-0 win in the 2017 World Championship final and a 4-0 win at the 2019 BDO World Trophy. It is likely that the top seed will again be too good for Hammond on this occasion and a win in straight sets is the prediction.