2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix – Rob Cross vs Glen Durrant Preview & Prediction
When is Rob Cross vs Glen Durrant taking place? Wednesday 9th October, 2019 – evening session
Where is Rob Cross vs Glen Durrant taking place? Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin
What channel is Rob Cross vs Glen Durrant on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Rob Cross vs Glen Durrant? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Rob Cross vs Glen Durrant? Tickets are available on Ticketmaster
All-time meetings: Rob Cross 1-0 Glen Durrant
Last meeting: Rob Cross 6-3 Glen Durrant
- World Matchplay champion Rob Cross came through a very tricky round one encounter against Mensur Suljovic to reach round two at the World Grand Prix for the first time having lost 2-0 on each of his previous two appearances.
- Voltage eased his nerves by breaking the Suljovic throw in the opening leg of the match and he went on to win the opening set. The Austrian hit back by winning the second set 3-0 and led 1-0 in the final set only for Cross to recover and reel off three consecutive legs to claim the win.
- Cross has been as consistent as any player in the big TV tournaments this year with his win at the Matchplay following his UK Open and Premier League final appearances.
- Three-time BDO World Champion Glen Durrant came from behind to defeat the in-form Polish star Krzysztof Ratajski in round one on his Grand Prix debut.
- Duzza recovered well from losing the 1st set 3-0 by winning six of the next eight legs and his classy play was highlighted by the fact he finished the match with a checkout percentage of 66.67%.
- He will relish the challenge of a match against Cross on the big stage and is confident he can defeat anyone as he showed at the World Matchplay when he defeated Michael van Gerwen in round two on his run to the semi-finals.
This is a very enticing looking match between two players with World Championship winning experience. Both came through extremely tricky round one matches so will be match-hardened and well focused on the challenge ahead which all points towards a contest that could go the distance. Durrant looked more effective on the starting and finishing doubles in round one and he is tipped to get the win.