2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix – Ricky Evans vs Chris Dobey Preview & Prediction
When is Ricky Evans vs Chris Dobey taking place? Sunday 6th October, 2019 – evening session
Where is Ricky Evans vs Chris Dobey taking place? Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin
What channel is Ricky Evans vs Chris Dobey on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Ricky Evans vs Chris Dobey? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Ricky Evans vs Chris Dobey? Tickets are available on Ticketmaster
All-time meetings: Ricky Evans 4-1 Chris Dobey
Last meeting: Ricky Evans 5-6 Chris Dobey
- Ricky Evans returns to Dublin having made his Grand Prix debut in 2018 when he came close to ousting Raymond van Barneveld in round one having missed a dart at double to lead 2-0 in the deciding set.
- Evans is looking for an upturn in results in TV tournaments having lost his first game in three of his last four events on the big TV stage – most recently at the World Matchplay he was beaten 10-7 by Daryl Gurney in round one.
- He is making good progression to breaking into the top 32 in the PDC Order of Merit having reached a couple of finals on the Euro Tour over the last 13 months.
- Chris Dobey’s steady rise up the PDC rankings have seen him rewarded with a place at the World Grand Prix for the first time and he features in the opening match of the tournament.
- Dobey produced some excellent performances on TV at the back end of 2018 with a run to the quarter-finals at the Players Championship Finals and a last 16 appearance at the World Championship where he pushed Gary Anderson all the way.
- As a reward for those performances he was given a match as a guest in the Premier League where he impressed in a high-quality battle against Mensur Suljovic. Though he has since suffered disappointing early exits at both the UK Open and World Matchplay this year so will be keen for a better showing here.
Ricky Evans and Chris Dobey are on a similar career path making strides up the PDC rankings, having reached finals on the Euro Tour they now are looking to push on in the big TV events, so they will see this as a good opportunity as they could have faced potentially much tougher opponents. In a hard-fought contest Dobey’s more consistent style of play could be the deciding factor.