2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix – Peter Wright vs Jermaine Wattimena Preview & Prediction
When is Peter Wright vs Jermaine Wattimena taking place? Wednesday 9th October, 2019 – evening session
Where is Peter Wright vs Jermaine Wattimena taking place? Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin
What channel is Peter Wright vs Jermaine Wattimena on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Peter Wright vs Jermaine Wattimena? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Peter Wright vs Jermaine Wattimena? Tickets are available on Ticketmaster
All-time meetings: Peter Wright 10-3 Jermaine Wattimena
Last meeting: Peter Wright 4-6 Jermaine Wattimena
- Peter Wright defeated German star Max Hopp 2-0 in round one to set up a repeat of his round two match against Jermaine Wattimena from the 2018 Grand Prix.
- It wasn’t a vintage performance from Wright; the first set could have gone Hopp’s way but for some squandered chances while the second set was easier for Wright but his match average was just over 80 at the end of the contest.
- Snakebite comprehensively defeated Wattimena 3-0 at this stage of the tournament last year, dropping only two legs whilst doing so on his way to reaching the final where he lost to MVG.
- Jermaine Wattimena came from behind to beat 2010 Grand Prix finalist Adrian Lewis 2-1 and reach round two for the second year in a row.
- The Dutchman held his nerve to win the second set when it was poised at two legs each meaning Lewis was one leg away from a straight sets win. Lewis faded thereafter and Wattimena didn’t drop a leg in the final set.
- Wattimena has become a regular in the big TV tournaments over the last 18 months but is looking to reach his first TV quarter-final in the PDC.
This is a repeat of their round two encounter at the 2018 World Grand Prix when Wright brushed aside Wattimena in straight sets on his way to reaching the final. Although Wattimena has won two of their last three encounters, he has been well beaten in each of their two previous TV encounters - with a 6-0 defeat at the 2018 European Championship following their match here last year - and Snakebite should be too strong for the Dutchman again.