2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix – Mervyn King vs Dimitri Van den Bergh Preview & Prediction
When is Mervyn King vs Dimitri Van den Bergh taking place? Sunday 6th October, 2019 – evening session
Where is Mervyn King vs Dimitri Van den Bergh taking place? Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin
What channel is Mervyn King vs Dimitri Van den Bergh on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Mervyn King vs Dimitri Van den Bergh? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Mervyn King vs Dimitri Van den Bergh? Tickets are available on Ticketmaster
All-time meetings: Mervyn King 5-4 Dimitri Van den Bergh
Last meeting: Mervyn King 6-3 Dimitri Van den Bergh
- 2012 World Grand Prix finalist Mervyn King has featured in every edition of the tournament since making his debut in 2007 so this is his 13th consecutive appearance.
- King came close to winning the title here in 2012 when he led Michael van Gerwen 3-0 and 4-1, only to lose 6-4 as the crowd played a big part in King losing his composure.
- King rolled back the years with his performances at the World Matchplay in July and his wins against both Michael van Gerwen and Gary Anderson in major ranking tournaments this season show how capable he still is.
DIMITRI VAN DEN BERGH
- Two-time World Youth Champion Dimitri Van den Bergh is making his World Grand Prix debut in 2019 and will relish the chance to shine on the big stage in Dublin.
- Van den Bergh's best run in a TV event was in 2018 when he claimed the scalps of Michael van Gerwen and Gary Anderson on his way to reaching the German Darts Masters final.
- Since that impressive showing at the German Darts Masters his best TV performance in a singles tournament was at the 2018 Grand Slam when he reached the quarter-finals, also hitting a nine-dart finish on his way to the last eight.
This is an intriguing match between World Grand Prix debutant Van den Bergh and a wily campaigner in King who has a wealth of experience under his belt at this format. King has not had a good run in this tournament for a few years but has shown in performances at the UK Open and World Matchplay this year how dangerous he still is and King is tipped to come out on top in this match.