2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix – Joe Cullen vs Ian White Preview & Prediction
When is Joe Cullen vs Ian White taking place? Sunday 6th October, 2019 – evening session
Where is Joe Cullen vs Ian White taking place? Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin
What channel is Joe Cullen vs Ian White on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Joe Cullen vs Ian White? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Joe Cullen vs Ian White? Tickets are available on Ticketmaster
All-time meetings: Joe Cullen 3-9 Ian White
Last meeting: Joe Cullen 0-10 Ian White
- Joe Cullen arrives in Dublin having recently captured the biggest prize of his darting career when he defeated Michael van Gerwen to win the European Darts Matchplay on the Euro Tour in September.
- Cullen will be aiming to improve on a poor record at the World Grand Prix, having only one first-round win under his belt from his previous three appearances.
- Since reaching the quarter-finals at the Masters in January he has lost in the first round in each of the last two PDC major ranking tournaments, in the most recent of these at the World Matchplay he suffered a chastening 10-0 defeat against Ian White in round one.
- Ian ‘Diamond’ White has had a very fruitful 2019 so far with numerous final appearances and two tournament wins on the European Tour. One of his Euro Tour triumphs included a defeat of Michael van Gerwen in the final of the Dutch Darts Masters.
- Despite his success on the tour over the years, White is awaiting his big TV breakthrough having never got further than the quarter-finals in a PDC TV tournament.
- Since making his World Grand Prix debut in 2012 White has only registered one quarter-final appearance and has lost in round one on four occasions.
When Ian White and Joe Cullen met at the World Matchplay in July it was White who enjoyed the easiest of victories, not dropping a leg against his beleaguered opponent. Cullen has shaken off that disappointment by winning a Euro Tour event recently and this will surely be closer but White should still have the edge in this encounter.