2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix – Glen Durrant vs Jermaine Wattimena Preview & Prediction
When is Glen Durrant vs Jermaine Wattimena taking place? Thursday 10th October, 2019 – evening session
Where is Glen Durrant vs Jermaine Wattimena taking place? Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin
What channel is Glen Durrant vs Jermaine Wattimena on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Glen Durrant vs Jermaine Wattimena? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Glen Durrant vs Jermaine Wattimena? Tickets are available on Ticketmaster
All-time meetings: Glen Durrant 0-1 Jermaine Wattimena
Last meeting: Glen Durrant 5-6 Jermaine Wattimena
- Glen Durrant defeated World Matchplay champion Rob Cross in a thrilling round two battle to reach the quarter-finals on what is his first appearance at the World Grand Prix.
- Duzza’s finishing during the tournament so far has been extremely impressive, especially when under pressure. His checkout percentage of 58.62% is the highest of any player still active in the tournament.
- Having now defeated the top two PDC players Michael van Gerwen and Rob Cross in televised major ranking tournaments his confidence is sure to be sky-high as he looks to close in on a second successive major semi-final appearance.
- Jermaine Wattimena upset the odds to defeat 2018 World Grand Prix finalist Peter Wright in impressive style on Wednesday evening, coming back from a set down to oust Snakebite from the tournament.
- Having also trailed in round one against another former World Grand Prix finalist in Adrian Lewis, Wattimena will not panic if he falls behind early on against Durrant.
- This is a breakthrough in Wattimena’s career as it is the first time that he has reached the quarter-finals of a major PDC TV ranking tournament, and the emotions were evident on the stage after he claimed the scalp of Wright on Wednesday night.
Glen Durrant’s impressive debut season in the PDC continues with a quarter-final appearance on his debut at the Grand Prix, he has proven doubters wrong with wins against Van Gerwen at the Matchplay and now Rob Cross here in Dublin and he will surely fancy his chances of claiming a big TV title in the PDC. Wattimena showed plenty of quality in defeating Wright and the way he performed at the last World Championship against Gary Anderson also showed what he is capable of, but he should just fall short of producing another upset with Duzza tipped to make it through to the semi-finals.