2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix – Gary Anderson vs Chris Dobey Preview & Prediction
When is Gary Anderson vs Chris Dobey taking place? Tuesday 8th October, 2019 – evening session
Where is Gary Anderson vs Chris Dobey taking place? Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin
What channel is Gary Anderson vs Chris Dobey on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Gary Anderson vs Chris Dobey? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Gary Anderson vs Chris Dobey? Tickets are available on Ticketmaster
All-time meetings: Gary Anderson 5-1 Chris Dobey
Last meeting: Gary Anderson 4-3 Chris Dobey
- 2016 World Grand Prix finalist Gary Anderson cruised through to round two with a comfortable 2-0 victory against Keegan Brown and dropped just two legs in doing so.
- The Flying Scotsman won against the throw in the opening leg of the match on his way to winning the first set 3-0, and although he was broken at the start of the second set, he hit straight back and eventually won the second set 3-2.
- Anderson has a good record in round two at the Grand Prix having reached the quarter-finals or better in four of his last five appearances. Since 2012, the only time he has failed to get through to the last eight was in 2015.
- World Grand Prix debutant Chris Dobey looked completely at ease on the Dublin stage as he defeated Ricky Evans in straight sets on Sunday evening to take his spot in round two.
- In particular, Dobey was in excellent form on his starting doubles against Evans with just four darts missed in the whole match when ‘doubling in’.
- Hollywood might have won only once in six previous meetings against Anderson but in their last encounter at the World Championship he pushed the Scotsman to the limit and only just lost out in a high-quality last-set decider.
When Gary Anderson and Chris Dobey last met it was a thrilling encounter at the World Championship which went to a deciding set with Anderson forced to come from behind to win what was one of the games of the tournament. There can be no doubt that Dobey has proven he can go toe-to-toe with his mentor and he is capable of taking this all the way again into another last-set decider.