2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix – Dave Chisnall vs Nathan Aspinall Preview & Prediction
When is Dave Chisnall vs Nathan Aspinall taking place? Thursday 10th October, 2019 – evening session
Where is Dave Chisnall vs Nathan Aspinall taking place? Citywest Convention Centre, Dublin
What channel is Dave Chisnall vs Nathan Aspinall on? Sky Sports Arena
Where can I stream Dave Chisnall vs Nathan Aspinall? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Dave Chisnall vs Nathan Aspinall? Tickets are available on Ticketmaster
All-time meetings: Dave Chisnall 3-3 Nathan Aspinall
Last meeting: Dave Chisnall 7-6 Nathan Aspinall
- 2013 World Grand Prix finalist Dave Chisnall cruised to a comfortable 3-0 victory against Stephen Bunting in round two to reach the quarters here for the second year in a row.
- Chizzy was never forced to reach the level of performance he achieved in his round one victory over Gerwyn Price with his opponent rarely applying any pressure in a one-sided encounter.
- Chisnall defeated Aspinall 7-6 in a thrilling semi-final at the Gibraltar Darts Trophy late last month in a match where Aspinall had led 6-5 only for Chizzy to win the final two legs of the match.
- Nathan Aspinall came from behind to win a tough encounter against Danny Noppert in round two where he claimed five of the last six legs of the match to progress having trailed 2-1 against the Dutchman.
- The Asp showed a huge amount of composure in the final two sets of his match against Noppert which was reflected in him recording an average of above 97 with his first three darts in those sets.
- Aspinall is no stranger to competing in the business end of major tournaments having reached the semi-finals at the World Championship, not to mention his successful UK Open campaign in March where he captured his first major title. He has continued to look at ease on the big TV stage in progressing to the last eight on his debut at the Grand Prix.
A highly competitive quarter-final match should be on the cards between two players who had a thrilling encounter in a semi-final on the Euro Tour only a couple of weeks ago. There is no doubt that Aspinall has had the more impressive season on the TV stage this year but Chizzy has been in fine form away from the big stage and looks full of belief. This looks bound for a last set decider with the Asp just tipped to progress.