2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Steve Beaton vs Kyle Anderson Preview & Prediction
When is Steve Beaton vs Kyle Anderson taking place? Thursday 19th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Steve Beaton vs Kyle Anderson taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Steve Beaton vs Kyle Anderson on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Steve Beaton vs Kyle Anderson? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Steve Beaton vs Kyle Anderson? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Kyle Anderson beat Steve Beaton 6-2
- 1996 BDO World Champion Steve Beaton has featured at a World Championship in every year since making his Lakeside debut in 1992. His record at the PDC World Championship is very underwhelming though, having never reached the quarter-finals.
- The consistency still shown by the popular veteran is highlighted by his ability to maintain a place in the top 32 in the PDC Order of Merit and he is still a regular qualifier in most of the big PDC televised ranking tournaments.
- His best run in a tournament in 2019 came when he reached the semi-finals in a Euro Tour event back in May and he also progressed to the quarter-finals at the UK Open in March.
- Kyle Anderson survived a potential shock in his opening round match when he came back from two sets down to defeat Chinese youngster Xiaochen Zong.
- Anderson’s win in round one was a huge relief and it ended a run of six consecutive defeats in all competitions for the Australian.
- He lost 3-0 to Steve Beaton on his World Championship debut in December 2012 but reversed the scoreline on their next meeting two years later, Anderson has won all three of their subsequent encounters since gaining his revenge.
Steve Beaton has been a regular fixture at World Championship level for what seems like forever, though he hasn’t made a quarter-final since 1998. Kyle Anderson has a good record in their previous encounters having won their last four meetings and maybe the hard battle the Australian had in round one could put him in a good frame of mind for this match. Anderson to win 3-2 is the prediction.