2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Ron Meulenkamp vs Ben Robb Preview & Prediction
When is Ron Meulenkamp vs Ben Robb taking place? Wednesday 18th December, 2019 – afternoon
Where is Ron Meulenkamp vs Ben Robb taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Ron Meulenkamp vs Ben Robb on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Ron Meulenkamp vs Ben Robb? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Ron Meulenkamp vs Ben Robb? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? No previous meetings
- Ron Meulenkamp is appearing at the PDC World Championship for the fourth time and this is his sixth time overall at a World Championship having also featured twice at the Lakeside when he was competing on the BDO circuit.
- He has lost five of his previous six World Championship matches with his only win coming in the opening round last year when he edged out Diogo Portela in a deciding set before losing to eventual runner-up Michael Smith in round two.
- The Dutchman has had some good results this season on the PDC ProTour where he appeared in four semi-finals – the most recent of these was in October where he had an average of over 108 in defeating an in-form Dave Chisnall on his way to the last four.
- New Zealander Ben Robb is making his World Championship debut having earned his spot at Alexandra Palace by winning the DartPlayers New Zealand qualifier in November.
- Robb may not be a familiar face to many as he plies his trade mainly in New Zealand and Australia and has not competed on the PDC ranking circuit so far in this career.
- He does have experience at competing on the big TV stage having featured at three World Series of Darts tournament over the last two years. In the latter of these at the New Zealand Darts Masters in August of this year, he defeated Simon Whitlock before losing to Rob Cross, having recorded an average of around 96 in both games.
Meulenkamp has produced some good performances on the PDC ProTour this season and he may be a little more relaxed on the stage having won his first match at World Championship last year. Not as much is known about Ben Robb but he has a win against Simon Whitlock to his name on a TV stage this year and coming through the New Zealand qualifier is not an easy feat. This has the potential to be a competitive match with a good standard of play, with Meulenkamp predicted to edge out the New Zealander in five sets.