2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Rob Cross vs Kim Huybrechts Preview & Prediction
When is Rob Cross vs Kim Huybrechts taking place? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Rob Cross vs Kim Huybrechts taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Rob Cross vs Kim Huybrechts on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Rob Cross vs Kim Huybrechts? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Rob Cross vs Kim Huybrechts? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Rob Cross beat Kim Huybrechts 6-5
- Rob Cross made a dream World Championship debut at the 2017/18 tournament when he defeated Michael van Gerwen and Phil Taylor on his way to winning the title in fine style. Voltage was unable to successfully defend his title last time out as he surprisingly lost 4-2 to Luke Humphries in the last 16
- Cross has added two more major PDC titles to his tally this year, with victories at the World Matchplay and European Championship whilst he also reached the UK Open and Premier League finals during the course of 2019.
- He has had a ton-plus average in six of his previous nine matches at the PDC World Championship and has never recorded an average of below 97 in a World Championship match.
- Kim Huybrechts held his nerve to overcome Dutch youngster Geert Nentjes in the deciding set of their first-round encounter on Friday evening. Huybrechts had looked in trouble as he trailed 2-1 in sets before digging deep to earn a hard-fought win.
- His finishing against Nentjes was pretty efficient overall, he ended the match with a 41.94% checkout percentage and an impressive highest out of 164.
- The Belgian World Cup player will be looking to improve on a very poor record against Rob Cross, having lost all six of their previous meetings.
A return to Alexandra Palace is sure to evoke fond memories for Rob Cross after his dream win on his tournament debut in 2017/18. Voltage does not have the pressure of being the defending champion this time, and having had some good results in the big tournaments this year he won’t lack belief. Huybrechts is not the player he was when he competed in the Premier League and it is unlikely that he will be able to stop Cross progressing to the next round, with the former champ predicted to post a high average in doing so.