2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Raymond van Barneveld vs Darin Young Preview & Prediction
When is Raymond van Barneveld vs Darin Young taking place? Saturday 14th December, 2019 – evening
Where is Raymond van Barneveld vs Darin Young taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Raymond van Barneveld vs Darin Young on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Raymond van Barneveld vs Darin Young? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Raymond van Barneveld vs Darin Young? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Raymond van Barneveld beat Darin Young 10-4
RAYMOND VAN BARNEVELD
- Dutch darting legend Raymond van Barneveld is making his farewell appearance as a professional player at this tournament. Barney made his World Championship debut all the way back in 1991 and is a five-time World Championship winner. His lack of playing time on the PDC circuit has seen his ranking fall and as a result he is unseeded for this tournament.
- At the 2018-19 World Championship, he suffered a disappointing first round exit against Darius Labanauskas where his average of 89.57 was his lowest average at a World Championship since 2010.
- At the recent Players Championship Finals, he showed he can still produce the goods on the big stage when he defeated Nathan Aspinall, Joe Cullen and Glen Durrant on his way to reaching the quarter-finals, though he bowed out with an underwhelming performance against Chris Dobey in the last eight.
- American qualifier Darin Young is no stranger to the World Championship stage as this is tenth appearance at the PDC World Championship having made his debut back in December 2004.
- Young’s record at the World Championship is very poor with only one win against Andy Smith from his previous ten matches at the tournament.
- He has yet to average above 87 in a World Championship match and has been defeated by a margin of at least two sets in each of his last nine matches at the PDC World Championship.
Raymond van Barneveld is making his farewell appearance at this tournament and the draw has been fairly kind to the Dutch legend with a first-round match against Darin Young, who has a very poor record at this tournament. Young certainly does not lack experience having competed many times on the big stage but it is unlikely he will produce an upset with Barney predicted to win 3-1.