2019-20 PDC World Darts Championship – Peter Wright vs Seigo Asada Preview & Prediction
When is Peter Wright vs Seigo Asada taking place? Monday 23rd December, 2019 – evening
Where is Peter Wright vs Seigo Asada taking place? Alexandra Palace, London
What channel is Peter Wright vs Seigo Asada on? Sky Sports Darts
Where can I stream Peter Wright vs Seigo Asada? Sky Sports subscribers can stream the match online via Sky Go
Where can I get tickets for Peter Wright vs Seigo Asada? https://www.pdc.tv/william-hill-world-darts-championship-tickets
What was the outcome in the last meeting? Peter Wright beat Seigo Asada 6-3
- Peter Wright narrowly avoided a third consecutive shock defeat at the PDC World Championship as he survived a missed match dart at the bullseye in an epic second round tussle against Noel Malicdem.
- Wright was forced to take out a tremendous 140 finish in the penultimate leg of the match to take the game into a tie-break – in which he held his nerve to finally see off the challenge from Malicdem.
- Snakebite has won both of his two previous encounters against Asada, the most recent of these being a 6-3 victory at the 2018 Japan Darts Masters.
- Seigo Asada is through to the last 32 at the PDC World Championship for the first time, having recovered from losing the opening two sets against Keegan Brown to win a dramatic second round match that went to extra-legs in the final set.
- Asada’s average of 91.96 against Brown was almost identical to the 91.97 he posted in his 3-0 round win against Mickey Mansell.
- A win for Asada would see him become the first ever player from Japan to make it into the last 16 at the PDC World Darts Championship.
Both of these players will feel very relieved to still be in the tournament following epic round two matches that saw them having to dig deep to win in extra-legs. Having exited the tournament early in the last two years Wright certainly won’t be taking any opponent lightly and he will be well aware of the threat posed by his opponent in this match. Asada came so close to defeating James Wade 12 months ago and he has the ability to make Wright work for the win. The longer format in this round should help Snakebite come through the test but Asada might stick with him early on and claim a couple of sets.